cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline switch to full fibre

PNAV99
Joining in

I have received emails from VM  about the switch to full fibre for landlines.

I am confused by a statement in the following section:

Can you place your home phone and Hub near each other? 

Your home phone will only work when it’s connected to the Hub, so the two devices must be near each other, and both need to be plugged into a power socket. If this is a corded phone, then your home phone would need to be moved to where the Hub sits.  

Does the mention of phone and Hub needing to be plugged into a power socket apply only to a cordless phone?

I am currently using a corded phone - Doro PhoneEasy 311c - no connection to power socket. The phone is about 7 or 8 years old.

I would be grateful if this could be cleared up.

3 REPLIES 3

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

Yes, it could have been better worded but you are correct - the statement about the phone needing to be plugged into a power supply, does indeed only refer to 'cordless' DECT-type phones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"so the two devices must be near each other," totally wrong. The phone could be 100m away as long as it’s connected via the correct type of phone cable.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PNAV99 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

If your phone isn't currently plugged into a power socket, there's no reason why that should need to change. 

You should receive an adapter in due course, which you'd need to plug into the grey port, labelled "Port 1". on the back of the Hub.

You'd then need to plug the end of the telephone cable you unplugged from the wall socket into the adapter.

More information on our our new ultrafast Fibre landline service can be found here

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Daniel