cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline suffering horrible interference

mrw1958
Joining in

I have an issue with my landline. Such bad interference I cannot hear what the other person is saying.

Tried contacting Virgin Media via the online messenger, but gave up as no response after an hour. Can't contact them on 150 for obvious reasons. Tried to find alternative contact details on the website to no avail. Grateful if anyone can give me the customer contact number to use from a non Virgin phone. Many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No problem and thank you for confirming. 

It would be best for us to get an engineer out for you to take a closer look at this for us. 

I will pop you a PM now to arrange this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @mrw1958

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have had this problem with your landline! 

Can I ask if the phone is connected at the master socket or an extension?

If in the master socket are there any other pieces of equipment plugged in here? 

Have you also been able to check that all the cables are in secure? 

Thank you.

Hi Ash_C

Many thanks for your quick reply and for your kind welcome to the community.

The phone is connected to the master socket. Nothing else is connected to that socket and as far as I can tell the cables are fitted tightly.

With best wishes

No problem and thank you for confirming. 

It would be best for us to get an engineer out for you to take a closer look at this for us. 

I will pop you a PM now to arrange this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again. 

Hello again, 

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your landline – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thank you.

Thanks again for your help, Ash_C.

Technician (Alex) arrived just after 8am this morning and quickly figured out what the fault was (corrosion of the telephone wire into the house). Landline now connected via hub and working fine. Before leaving, Alex ran diagnostic checks across all my Virgin services and made sure everything was running at optimum performance.

Hi @mrw1958

Thank you so much for updating us after your technician appointment. Very happy to hear that all has been resolved for you regarding your landline. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be here to help if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley