cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline stopped working, no dialling tone

Pompitous
Tuning in

Our landline has stopped working. If you call in to our number you hear ringing but we hear nothing. If we try to dial out nothing happens. I have tested our phone socket using a borrowed phone so I know it's not our handsets. I bought a BT Socket to RJ11 Plug 4 Pin Telephone Phone Cable Adaptor to try connecting our phone to the telephone sockets on the back of our Virgin Hub 3.0 but the phone is still silent. (Have I tried the wrong adaptor?) I also had a look at where the Virgin Media cabling connects outside, and saw these wires, some of which look disconnected or broken:

IMG_0687.jpg

Could this be the cause, and should I try joining together wires with similar colour coding, or should I book an engineer, and how much would this cost?

Thanks for any advice!

1 REPLY 1

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pompitous,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see your Phone has stopped working and that you believe it may be down to the wiring above, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see a potential issue, so I can investigate further and arrange a technician if needed, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.