Menu
CurlyKylie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Landline still not working

I had a crackling landline for a couple of weeks and had an engineer come out last Saturday.  After his initial tests he said the line was clean but when I listened it was still crackling, he then went away and ran more tests.  After a little while he called and said he'd identified a cable fault and it would need replacing, that should be done in 2-3 days.

Since at least Tuesday our landline has been completely dead.  There doesn't seem to be a way of checking for updates on the last call-out to see how the job is progressing.  I ran the status checker and made another engineer appointment for next Saturday.

Firstly, I'd have expected there to be some way for me to track my support call as it's still the same one as far as I'm concerned - they haven't fixed my fault.

Secondly, I'm not normally one for compensation but it looks like Virgin pay "£8 per day for a total loss of service after 2 full working days from registering the loss of service to us".  I'd like to think this would run from at least last Saturday when the engineer said there was a section of cable needing replacement.  Is this credited automatically, or do I need to chase for it?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline still not working

Hi CurlyKylie,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry your landline is still not working,

I have tried to check things our end however I was unable to locate your account with the details we haver, so I can help I will invite you into a private chat,  I will send you an invite shortly please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
CurlyKylie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The second engineer successfully reconnected us and also replaced some cabling which resolved the crackling line problem.  We're waiting for the 'gardening' team to come and tidy up the external boxes as they are still a mess.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update, CurlyKylie,

Did they advise a date for this?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
CurlyKylie
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey, I didn't get a specific date but Paul has checked and said there are notes on the system so it will get picked up.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for popping back CurlyKylie. We'll be looking to get it tidied up as soon as we can. 

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
CurlyKylie
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The cabling outside the house still hasn't been tidied up, I've PM'd a picture to Paul.

0 Kudos