Menu
Lakejenny
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Landline still has temporary number.

Hi, I joined Virgin at the beginning of November. The original number was from Virgin a few years ago. I wondered how much longer it will take to reinstate it? No joy from the help team at Virgin so far.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline still has temporary number.

Hello

The original number was it ported to another supplier ?

If it was ported out to another supplier have you requested the number port from the supplier to VM ?

If it was not ported to another supplier then the old VM number would have gone  back into the pool for new customers.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lakejenny
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They didn't say anything about having to request anything from BT. Sorry,  I've not had an issue like this before and I didn't own the BT account so not sure where to start. Help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

No you would need to tell VM that you need a number ported from another supplier, the issue I forsee is that both lines have to be active to do the port, and the line from BT must be in the same name as your VM account, otherwise the port will be refuse by BT. If the BT line has got a cancellation order again I am afraid that the number would be release back to VM pool.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lakejenny
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. I might see what BT say, as the line was still live at the time. If not, I might just have to suck it and keep the new number. 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and reaching out to us at the Community Forums, Lakejenny.

@DJ_Shadow1966, is correct. Number transfers do require both numbers to be active. If you are able to confirm this, then we can help with this.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos