cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline ringing several times during day and night

laurag2
Joining in

My grandmothers landline seems to be ringing for 1-2 rings and then rings off. There is no caller ID and the phone does not show any record of any call, when ringing 1471 it’s as if the call didn’t exist. It does it several times during the day and throughout the night.

I’ve contacted Virgin Media over the phone but got no joy and they explained they could just block nuisance calls but that is not the problem. Could this be something to do with the line?

It is causing distress to my grandmother and confusion so would love to get this solved. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @laurag2 

Welcome back to the community 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your grandmothers landline at this time.

How do they have their landline set up? Is it connected to the master socket, extension socket or into the back of the router? 

Can you confirm, can they hear the rings at their side or is their just call information on the handset about calls that keep happening with a 'No number' record?

If they can hear the rings, do they have any security cameras or any health equipment plugged into the landline at all?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @laurag2 

Welcome back to the community 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your grandmothers landline at this time.

How do they have their landline set up? Is it connected to the master socket, extension socket or into the back of the router? 

Can you confirm, can they hear the rings at their side or is their just call information on the handset about calls that keep happening with a 'No number' record?

If they can hear the rings, do they have any security cameras or any health equipment plugged into the landline at all?

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi thanks for the reply

The landline is connected to the master socket.

Yes you are able to hear the rings however it is only one or two rings each time. There is nothing connected to it such as equipment. 

How odd, okay let's investigate further. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your grandmother's account and I'll check the systems at my side. You can see your private messages at the top of the page in the envelope icon. 

If we need to discuss the account in detail, we will need to pass data protection to confirm or discuss anything personal on the account. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley