Menu
TornElvis
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Landline questions

I will shortly be terminating my current BT landline.I am thinking of coming over to Virgin at some point and taking a Broadband and home phone package.

With the BT landline gone by that point, will the Virgin home phone service be provided simply by connecting to the Hub? That being so, the phone setup would be included in the normal setup fee?

If my assumptions are wrong, then would I need to shell out for reconnecting a physical landline?If so how much would that likely be?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline questions

Hi TornElvis, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

We'd love to have you with us and you can certainly bring your number over. 

So firstly to bring your landline number over from another provider, you need to keep your account active with them until the number has been transferred. Once it's been switched to us this would automatically cancel your landline with them. You would need to cancel any other services with them yourself after the port. We cannot bring over a number if the account isn't active. 

If you don't want to bring your number over then you would just cancel the services as normal and we would provide you with a new number to use. 

When we install your services we will install the landline as part of the setup, instead of a socket though you will plug it into the hub. 

I hope that helps, let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos