Menu
AM10
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline problems

Landline phone has a dial tone but If the number is phoned from another number, it just rings on that phone but not the landline. Can’t ring out either. 

Status on the virgin media app says no issues. 

Please help!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline problems

have you tested another phone?
When you call the landline even if its not ringing what happens if you pick up the phone
0 Kudos
AM10
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response. 
I’ve got a new phone coming today to test. If someone rings the landline...it rings their end but when I pick up my end...it’s just a dial tone, no one is there! 
I’m hoping it’s the phone but wanted to ask on here in case it was a common problem with the telephone lines. 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi AM10,

Welcome to our Community Forum and sorry to hear you're experiencing landline issues.

Whilst you're waiting on your new handset to test, can you tell us if you're always had this problem or whether it was recent? Also the numbers that are calling you, are they Virgin Media numbers or numbers from other Operators? Also can you hear calls from mobiles?

Do you have any problems calling other numbers and are you able to hear each other?

I ask because I've checked your details and can see that the number was imported from a different Operator and it ported successfully. So if you're still experiencing issues with the new phone, it will give us ideas of what may be the issue.

Let us know what happens once you've managed to test with the new phone.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos