Menu
hackneyuser
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Landline problems - dont believe it is my end but work being carried out in the area

Over the past 3 weeks I have lost the use of my landline, but the status update said phone lines were still working even though upgrade work was being carried out.

As it happened I couldn't immediately book a convenient date for an engineer, and then the dial tone came back.

Only for a short time after that for the line to do dead again. Had huge problems with booking an engineer, now due tomorrow. But the phone is now working again.

Have no faith that it will continue to work, so am thinking I should get the engineer to come to see if any of my wiring is loose or something.

But based on past experiences of "faults" with my service which weren't resolved over a 3 month period, and then started working at the date the upgrading of the local exchange was completed.

So I am thinking the fault is because of work in the area and rather than VM admit service will be intermittant and give customers a discount, or that I really do have a fault.

Can someone at VM give me an honest answer? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline problems - dont believe it is my end but work being carried out in the area

Hi hackneyuser, 

Thank you for getting in touch and posting to the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing intermittent landline issues.  

Unfortunately I have been unable to locate your account using your Community details so have been unable to confirm if there is a known issue in the area. Any work that is being carried out or details of a outage would be located on our service status page here

As the service is intermittent, we would recommend proceeding with the technician visit and allowing them to investigate the problem. 

Please let us know how the service is following the appointment and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
hackneyuser
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline problems - dont believe it is my end but work being carried out in the area

Hi Natalie

Have just checked and there are no issues shown for my area.

So will confirm booking so they can check no wiring problems.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We can see an appointment has been made, let us know how this goes. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
hackneyuser
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the issue was sorted. But no clear explanation as to why over a 2/3 weeks period my phone line wasn't always working.

I suspect work at the local exchange.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply and the update, hackneyuser. Glad to hear the issue has been sorted.

0 Kudos