Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline port

I joined Virgin yesterday and was told to get in touch with customer services about porting my number. Everytime I try and call 150 from my landline or use the help number it just says that the offices are all closed due to coronavirus. How do I get in touch with someone to fix this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline port

A warm welcome to our Community Forum melissaritchie and sorry to hear you've been unable to speak to a member of our Team with regards to porting your landline number.

May I ask whether your number is still active with your old Provider? I ask as we can only port active numbers. If it's active, we can arrange the port from here.

Do let us know so we can arrange this.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa, 

Thanks for getting back to me. We cancelled our contract with our old provider but still have the services until the 2nd November so the number should still be live. What information do you need to port the number over?

Thanks, 

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Melissa,

I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can grab some details from you. Given that the disconnection date is very soon, I'll try and see if we can request the port as quickly as we can, otherwise you may have to contact your old provider to push the disconnection date back a week. This is because when we submit our port requests and depending on the old provider, we also check who "owns" the number so it's possible that we need to speak to two Providers.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos