cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline phone

IanForber
Joining in

Sounds like I have the same problem as many here. My landline is not working. Should I have received prior notice and an adapter? My router is on the ground floor and when reorganising the house a few years ago I had the engineer put the phone socket on the first floor. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi IanForber, thanks for joining our forums and a warm welcome to the VM community.

Sorry to hear of the landline issue and the confusion caused by our migration process in place.

We do send communication way in advance of this change, upon our checks we haven't found a migration being launched for your area just yet so rest assured we haven't switched your line without notice or sending an adaptor.

Also, we haven't found an outage related to the landline services so this should be treated as a fault.

Could you please advise if the you get a dial tone before dialing a number to call?

Also, does the phone connect to a Master Socket (VM logo) or extension (plain white)?

How many handsets are in use and have you been able to test another device to the telephone socket and see if it works?

Do let us know of the above and we're eager to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi IanForber, thanks for joining our forums and a warm welcome to the VM community.

Sorry to hear of the landline issue and the confusion caused by our migration process in place.

We do send communication way in advance of this change, upon our checks we haven't found a migration being launched for your area just yet so rest assured we haven't switched your line without notice or sending an adaptor.

Also, we haven't found an outage related to the landline services so this should be treated as a fault.

Could you please advise if the you get a dial tone before dialing a number to call?

Also, does the phone connect to a Master Socket (VM logo) or extension (plain white)?

How many handsets are in use and have you been able to test another device to the telephone socket and see if it works?

Do let us know of the above and we're eager to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for the reply. There is no dial tone. The original phone socket had a logo (Telewest). When refurbishing the house I had a Virgin engineer to move the socket from its original position by the front door on the ground floor to the first floor bedroom. There is no extension cable so I assume he did so by routing a new cable from the Virgin box outside. 

I tried to book an engineer to sort it out but they said they couldn’t do so until I’d received notification of the switchover. So I’m left paying for a service I don’t receive. 

Hi IanForber, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there is no dial tone and will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi IanForber, thanks for the PM. 

I am glad to see that this is on the way to becoming resolved and please do let us know how it goes. 

Have a good day.

Chris.