cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline phone stopped ringing

casbar
Dialled in

So phone was ringing ok this morning. This afternoon when calling my number, the caller thinks the phone is ringing, but the phone doesn't ring. Phoned Virgin media faults. To be told that as of yesterday my phone is moving to digital connection from the Router. Also told my phone will not ring until the change. They will send me the box to connect in the next 3 days. Also there will be no compensation as I can ring out!! So Virgin, do not tell me they are going to switch my phone over, they just do it, then they tell me because I can ring out and not receive any calls that they are providing a service, so no compensation.

To be honest, I'm not bothered about compensation, what I am bothered about is, I have very elderly relatives that refuse to phone my mobile and only contact me via the home phone. I also volunteer for a charity that requires me to have a land line to receive calls from a flextel phone system when I'm on duty. But what really upsets me is, Virgin can just switch off my service (or half of it) without even telling me so I can plan. Mobile coverage in my house is nearly non existent, so I have to use wi fi calling to use my mobile, so if virgin internet goes down, I will be stuffed for all calls unless I go a 100yds up the road. Not a brilliant service.

I'm quite glad I am either out or nearly out of my contract.

7 REPLIES 7

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @casbar,

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to the Forums.

I'm really sorry to hear about these issues. So we can discuss them in more detail and take a look at what has happened. I'm going to send you a private message. Please look out for it in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thanks, replied to your message

So a letter arrived just now from Virgin informing me my phone would be switched over on the 2nd November and to look out for the kit. Great, but unless I'm very much mistaken, yesterday when it stopped working was the 10th of August, not the 2nd of November!!

@casbar wrote:

So a letter arrived just now from Virgin informing me my phone would be switched over on the 2nd November and to look out for the kit. Great, but unless I'm very much mistaken, yesterday when it stopped working was the 10th of August, not the 2nd of November!!

Something’s not quite right here. If the phone had indeed been migrated to the 21CV system, ie connected to the hub rather than a conventional wall socket, well that would certainly explain why it’s stopped ringing, but surely that would also prevent it from making outgoing calls as well, no?

So if it hasn’t been migrated yet, as evidenced by the letter you received, might it possibly be that the line is simply faulty and you were basically fobbed off by the CS agent who had just made up some old BS to get you off the line? 

Nah, couldn’t possibly be that, could it?

I would like to thank Reece for his help. It seems it is not a migration issue, as I am not due migration until the 2nd Nov. Reece has organised a tech visit for me for next week. Brilliant support 

Update - Cancelled the Tech as the phone just started to work again - who knows!

Hi casbar, thanks for coming back to the thread. i am glad all sorted for you with the phone line 🙂

Pop back to the thread if you ever need anything.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill