Menu
winstanley_john
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Landline phone not working

Hi Team Virgin,

My parents landline is not working. They can't ring out or receive calls.

They have tried their handset in another property and it works okay.

They can't run the automated test on https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/prepare-perform-diagnosis

As they don't have an online account (its associated to a blueyonder.co.uk email that has never been assessed) - they obviously can't phone you without a phone.

Can you run a test on their line please? 

0 Kudos
winstanley_john
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline phone not working

In addition.
I've tried calling 0345 454 1111 three times 
Eventually it asks if I want to do a test on the landline.
The test does not complete.
It suggests one can call back in 10 minutes and will get to hear the test results, without having to go through all the steps.
Obviously when I call back I'm not redirected to test results and have to go through all the steps again.
Then I'm kicked off the call.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Winstanley_john.

I'll pop you over a private message to confirm the information for your parents account.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
winstanley_john
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

For anyone else looking at this on the forum. 
My parents were unable to book an engineer or get results from a landline test via phone, online or via this forum.
Fortunately the issue was solved after an engineer visiting a neighbouring property offered to fix the line, which turned out to be oxidised.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon,

I am glad it's all sorted. However as per your chat with my colleague, you did not reply to my colleagues PM with the correct security characters so we were unable to go into the account

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
winstanley_john
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_GS,

Thanks for your message. The situation has been ...

It wasn't possible to resolve the issue via phone, firstly because the line was broken, but then ringing with a mobile phone led to an automated landline test. The automated test said hang up and ring back in 10 minutes and all the steps will be skipped and you'll hear the results. Except if you do that, you are not returned to the results you go through all the steps again and then the service hangs up on you.

It wasn't possible to create an account on https://my.virginmedia.com/ because there is an existing account associated to an email address that has never been assessed (I assume auto created by Virgin years ago and possibly not provided to the customer). The process to set the password returns an error message even if the correct billing information is entered with the account information (other users have noted this issue on the forum - I assume the account is locked)

And you are correct John_GS. It wasn't possible to resolve the issue via this forum because it relies on a password that no one knows and no other forms of authentication were offered and no suggestion was provided as to how one might go about resolving the issue

0 Kudos