Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Landline phone not working

As of this morning I'm getting no dialing tone and incoming calls aren't connecting either. There are no local faults currently reported. I've run a test which didn't find a cause. I've also done the usual checks on the equipment. Last time this happened it needed an engineer to sort it out at the cabinet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline phone not working

The same thing for me . The Virgin landline is dead. The equipment works on a BT line so should be OK. The initial line test was inconclusive. I tried to ring the helpline for non-Virgin calls and it too was dead, maybe overrun with calls. I want to talk to Virgin about a £10 rise in my bill but I cannot reach them to discuss phone line or bill. I would happily cancel the phone line to cut the bill. I have a 'Message Us' originated at 1400 and there is no sign of life at the other end 17 minutes later.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello Seffrid,

Sorry to hear that your landline isn't working. Can you confirm whether your phone is plugged into the Hub or the wall socket? If it's the wall socket, can you try a different socket if it's available? What happens when you try a different phone, is there still no dial tone?

Please let me know so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello ahrbee,

Sorry to hear that your landline isn't working either. Have you tried a different wall socket or phone if available? Can you confirm whether there is a dial tone? Also we can't change packages on here but we can look at the fault. Please contact us on 0345 454 1111 or text us on 0753 305 1809 if you wish to remove your landline from your package/

Please let me know about the fault issue so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I only have one Virgin wall socket. There is no tone at all. If I plug the same phone into the BT socket, it works perfectly. The Virgin line may have been down for months as I only use it to call Virgin.

Thank you for the phone number 0345 454 1111 to contact Virgin. It makes contact with Virgin whereas the number 0333 000 3101 advised on a Virgin web page leads to a dead end.

'Message Us' has now not responded for 50 minutes so thank you for responding quickly and giving me some hope. I suspect, though, that a phone call could take the rest of the afternoon.

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Lisa.

There are 3 phones around the house and they are plugged into wall sockets. I've tried unplugging and re-plugging the main phone but there are no other sockets. None of the phones has a dial tone, and if I call from my mobile, it instantly cuts out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi ahrbee,

Please ignore the BT sockets. Have you been able to try a different phone in the Virgin Media socket just to check whether there is a dial tone?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for checking for me Seffrid. I'll send you a Private Message so I can take a closer look.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

As I said, I only have one Virgin phone socket. There is no dial tone. It is dead. I only tried my receiver on the BT socket to make sure the receiver is working properly. It is. The line isn't.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi ahrbee,

I meant a different phone handset. I'll send you a Private Message too so I can take a closer look at yours as we may need to get an engineer out.

Please reply back to it 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos