cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline phone not working properly

mrwhittaker68
Joining in

Just got off the to virgin customer services as my cordless home phone  does not accept incoming calls and told will only work using corded phones has anybody else gt or had this problem 

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mrwhittaker68,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your Landline not receiving incoming calls. Are you currently able to make calls from the handset? Are you able to try another handset? Can you please also confirm how you are plugging in the handset - is it at the wall socket, or the back of the Hub?

Can you please also confirm the manufacturer and model of your handset?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi yes I can call out but not receive a call on my cordless on my corded phone I can receive and make calls I’m using the wall socket. 
the cordless phone is a bt 2700 I also tried a Panasonic cordless phone which didn’t receive incoming calls also. 
the strange thing is if I call home from my mobile and the cordless phone is connected it doesn’t ring but if my wife answers it she can hear me ??

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mrwhittaker68,

Thanks for confirming. I'm going to send you a private message so we can look into this further for you. Please look out for it in the purple envelope, in the top-right.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ