Menu
grahamehedges
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline phone issues

I've send a number of messages about my problem - to who I don't know as they are general posts (that's the only option that seems to be available) rather than to anyone specifically. I did get a snotty reply saying: "Hi, Thanks for messaging. This mailbox is used primarily for the moderators. If you would like some assistance with your query, please post a thread on the Community. If you’ve already done so, someone will be along to help and advise," and several pointless and unhelpful emails about badges and ranks, but I don't know if my problems have been received and logged as I've not had any acknowledgement. I don't want assistance - I want action.

How are we customers supposed to communicate with Virgin media? I can't phone because the phone isn't working, they don't have an email and these messages appear to be ignored or disappear in to the ether.

Is anyone from Virgin listening or reading this?

It's very frustrating.

0 Kudos
grahamehedges
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline phone issues

I've just retried running a service status test and for the 7th time it gave this response: 

"Sorry, we couldn't complete the test. The test has stopped because it was taking longer than it should."

It's been like this all afternoon and evening. Consequently all that happens is that you get stuck in a loop with no resolution. Do they not bother to fix problems with their own website services?

0 Kudos
IanStruthers
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've not had landline service in GU15 area since lunchtime, so I've since raised  a 'Complaint' using VM online page hidden under the 'Contact Us' section at the bottom of the screen. This wasn't easy as they've corrupted the URL under the link!

It tries to take you to https://%20www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/complaints   which doesn't work. 

Just remove the leading https://%20 and go to www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/complaints to raise a complaint.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
grahamehedges
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. I did manage to get to the complaints page (using your edit URL ruse) but there was nowhere to make one. It said before submitting my complaint I had to check whether or not the issue could be resolved online. There was no option to raise a complaint just to follow the 'fix an issue' (with the phone) that took me round in a loop to the run a system check which doesn't work with no way out or option to raise a complaint.

This is getting ridiculously frustrating. But while I've been typing this the phone has started working (just 5 mins ago). Wow.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Grahamehedges,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your landline services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you, could you tell me more about what is occurring with your landline please?
Some of the questions we usually ask are - 
•    Is there a dial tone? What do you hear when you pick up the receiver? (crackly/error message/No dial tone/yes dial tone)
•    Can you make/receive calls from Virgin Media landlines, what about non Virgin Media lines (non Virgin Media and all mobile numbers)
•    Is it a particular number you can’t receive? If yes, what provider are they with? What times and dates have they tried to call?
•    Are you plugged into Hub or the Virgin Media wall socket? Can you try a different wall socket (if you have one)
•    Can you try a different phone if you have one spare?
•    Have you recently ported over to us? If so, what date?
I also have some links here that help with general landline issues, have a look - 
No Dial Tone
Outgoing/Incoming calls
Please come back to me with your answers 🙂
Thanks,
Megan_L

0 Kudos