cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline phone has stopped working

Maria402022
Joining in

I've been having problems with my landline phone for a week now and I've made several complaints on the virgin complaints email, but nothing so far. And I bought a new phone and changed the cable. However, it still not working!! And to make things even worse because I'm still waiting for virgin to change my TV box since January!! Could you please book an engineer to visit my property, I'm 82 years old and I live by myself, I'm losing patience and I am considering Cancelling my contract.

4 REPLIES 4

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Maria402022 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding your landline not working.

In order to look into this further, I will need to send you a Personal Message so I can check things over firstly - I'll then of course send a technician out to you if necessary.

Please a expect a Private Message to arrive shortly (you'll see a purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen where the message will appear), so please reply to this directly when you can.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Maria402022, thanks a lot for your confirmation of details as requested yesterday via PM, I'm just reponding publicly again.

I've booked in the next available technician appointment for you now - you'll get a confirmation text message of your appointment date and time within 24 hours, or alternatively you can check this on your My Virgin Media account too.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

In terms of the engineer that visited your neighbour yesterday, as this appears an unrelated fault and is independent to the customer themselves, the engineer could only help you if they had time available in their schedule. They have timeslots for each appointment and they unfortunately may not have been able to spare time to visit your property too, please accept my apologies for this.

Please let me know if we can be of any further help in the future and I'm pleased we can get this on the way to being resolved for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Just to make sure to let the technician know that is not just my landline phone that has stopped working, but also my TV BOX has stopped working for months now and I need it to be fixed or changed to a new TV BOX please!! 

Thanks

Maria 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Maria402022,

Please can you let us know how the visit goes? I do hope they resolve this for you.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide