cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline phone does not work

Gordonruislip
Joining in

My phones dead.

the website sends me round and round in circles.

after the connection check it says everything ok. - it’s not!

Top of the page it tells me there’s an issue in my postcode which conflicts.

how do I find out when the external issue is fixed?

how do I book an engineer?

how do I claim a refund for a service that is not working?

how do I communicate with a reason at virgin in customer service by e mail 

22 REPLIES 22

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Gordonruislip,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline, I have looked into this and can see that there are no area faults, is your phone line plugged into your hub or wall socket at the moment?

Are you able to receive calls? Have you or would you be able to try calling your landline from a mobile to check this?

Please can you share a screenshot of the site saying there are issues in your area?

how do I find out when the external issue is fixed?

There are no external issues showing on our system.

how do I book an engineer?

I can arrange a technician visit from here after we have ran through some checks.

how do I claim a refund for a service that is not working?

This process is called automatic compensation and is ran by Ofcom, you can find more information about this here.

how do I communicate with a reason at virgin in customer service by e mail 

We dont have any email address for customer services teams, you can get in touch with us via the methods here.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven,

thanks for reply

have tried ringing from other phones both friend landline and mobile and cannot make a connection

Checked and issue in area is tv not phone  tv is working fine

why does website send me round and round in circles?

Why can I not book an engineer online?

currently on hold - 32 minutes so far - on 0345 number via my mobile - hopes it’s free.

just made an appointment for an engineer this Thursday - this means I will have been without the phone for over a week

just checked with it cost me over £10 to make the call and hang on to customers service.

Very very very  frustrated and fed up with the virgin media system that took me about 90 minutes to eventually arrange an engineer and cost me over £10 n mobile phon costs.

Thanks for coming back to us @Gordonruislip, calls to our 0345 numbers are charged as local rate calls and usually included in monthly mobile allowances from most providers, that should not be costing you £10 to make the call to us. 

Is today the first time that you have spoken to the team about your issues? Your compensation would start from today if we have been notified today, which means you would only be eligible for around £8 as per the automatic compensation scheme means we have 48 hours to resolve your issues before the compensation would kick in more information on this can be found on the link I provided in my previous post.

You should be able to book an engineer online but that may have been stopped due to the issues in your area. I will pass this onto the team as feedback about the process and our site.

Regards,

Steven_L

Again thanks for the reply

my mobile is basic pay as you go which I appreciate is expensive but only used for an emergency or seemingly to contact virgin

only reported the issue, or tried to, today.

my virgin bundle is coming up for renewal shortly and this episode will make me consider my options.

Thanks for your response @Gordonruislip, would you like to raise a complaint about this experience?

Regards,

Steven_L

If you think it would make a difference, or for you to get more colleagues then yes

We can get a complaint raised and fedback to the team but but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Your complaint has been logged and I will keep the complaint open till your issues have been resolved, which should be on Thursday with the technician visit.

Please do let me know how it goes and also get in touch, if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks 

will do

im now goi going try and rescue my day 

stuart