Menu
Rosie2and
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline phone cable

Does anyone know where I can get a new cable and connector for my home phone and router? lve been told will cost me £99 as I’ll need an engineer, however it doesn’t need an engineer as I’m not an idiot and can plug a cable from my home phone into my router myself 😂 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline phone cable

home phone is fine. you can't change the coax cable that will need an engineer. What do you need a phone extension you can get from almost anywhere. search amazon
0 Kudos
Rosie2and
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Basically we misplaced the lead And the connector/converter thing that comes with the virgin set up stuff that you plug from your home phone into your router, it says in instructions you connect this yourself during set up so unsure why they want to send an engineer as it can be done by yourself? 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Rosie2and

Welcome to our Community and thank you so much for your first post - I am sorry that you're having some issues with your landline and have lost the lead and connector to connect the handset to your Hub. 

As you have misplaced our equipment, this would have a charge. The equipment belongs to Virgin Media and if this is lost, damaged or stolen, you may be liable for charges to replace it. 

I have managed to locate your account from your forum information and can see that calls have been made from the landline since your forum post - I do hope that you have managed to locate the connector since your post and that all is now working again for you. 

If you need any further help with this, please do not hesitate to pop back and let us know.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos