Menu
Grufbear
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Landline out of service

The phone was ok until after 9.30am when my partner tried to ring from hospital where they are an inpatient. They got the Virgin answering service. The phones are all displaying check phone line. Socket unplugged and re plugged, all phones fully charged. Still no line.

Told to post on here for help by the Virgin FB group.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline out of service

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you Grufbear

Sorry to see you've been having issues with the landline services.

Can you please confirm if you get a dial tone on the handset that's connected directly into the hub? 

Have you also tried making a call from your mobile phone to see if the phone rings out aloud?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Grufbear
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There is no dial tone. I have tried to ring using my mobile and it eventually goes to the Virgin answering service saying the person is not available to take the call. We've never used the Virgin service as we have our own answerphone as part of the integrated Panasonic phone set.

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us @Grufbear

I am just going to pop you over a PM so we can look at this more clearly if that's okay. At the top right hand corner of your screen, you should see a purple envelope, if you click that it should take you to PM's. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear the phones are back on @Grufbear

If you do have any further issues, please feel free to get in touch and I'm more than happy to help you 🙂 

Please do just let me know 

Apart from that have a fab day 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
philbo1
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No landline since morning - same as no broadband. Phone connected straight into hub. Presumed it was due to known outage? I rebooted hub (router) but no change. 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @philbo1

Thanks for posting this on here and sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issues. 

Just to confirm, does your landline ring at all or is it just flatlined? Is there a dial tone at all? 

Have you checked our service status page just in case there are any outages? Please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

0 Kudos
philbo1
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sasha

The landline is working this morning. There was a widespread outage (broadband) which I’d assumed caused the issue but the status page indicated landline should still be working?

Everything was restored around 5am today. 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oh that's great to hear @philbo1

If you do have any more issues, feel free to pop back a  message on here and I am more than happy to take a look for you 🙂 

Have a fab weekend otherwise 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

0 Kudos