Menu
Rayyan
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline number

I’ve just recently joined virgin media but my old landline number hasn’t been transferred over would it be possible to have my number changed to my old one ?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline number

Hello

To be able to port your phone number from your old provider, the old line has to be active with the old provider is that the case ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
lazycommentator
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just to chip in and say I have the same query.

I have had my account for a month, and I am still awaiting the land line number to be switched from my old provider. I am still paying for the old line, and the number is still active.

I have not yet plugged a phone into my hub if that makes any difference? I only have one phone and I am waiting for the existing line with the old number to stop functioning.

What is the next step for me?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rayyan,

Thanks for your post. Please let us know if your landline service is still active with your previous provider and if you still need help with this, I'll be happy to take a look for you.

lazycommentator - I know this may sound obvious and apologies if it is to you, but when you switched to us, did you request to keep your old number? Some customers are unaware that you have to request to keep the number, rather than assume that it will automatically get transferred over. If so, let me know and I can take a look at your account for you too.

Beth

0 Kudos