cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline number port gone wrong

skybye
Joining in

Returning customer and i have to say not much has changed and I’m not impressed with the switch back from sky

I’d planed everything for a smooth change and set a date of install nearly a whole month in advance

I requested my home phone number ported when ordered but on the day of install was told i didn’t and to contact sky

Sky were very professional as usual and told me the number was requested on the day i ordered so whats happened ?

Now my sky contract has finished and the line is dead nobody can phone me and you’ve not even told me what the number you’ve given me is

I have no usable phone number to give to anyone and the landline is the only number my elderly relatives use, i’ve tried to get them to use my mobile but well you know old people they can be very stubborn

What if they have a problem why is it taking so long and if I’ve lost the number I’ve used for the past 30 years I’ll be furious

I’ll tag on the another problem i have

I cant make an online account and when i try it gets to the verify your email part but it never arrives the email address is correct customer service tell me they have it but it never arrives

The last agent i spoke to tried to get my account working and sent an email to reset a password but it arrive too late and said the link had expired, they then made a password for me but that gets stuck at the same verify your email !!!!

They said theres an engineer visit in 7 days time but no email to confirm that …. 7 days !!! And whats the engineer going to do to get a phone number port !

Nobody seems to know whats going on this has been a horrible experience wish i never started it and i have no idea what else i can to do

3 REPLIES 3

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @skybye, thank you for your post.

We're really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and that you feel this way 😔

In order to look into these issues for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

skybye
Joining in

fantastic support from Daniel_et all my questions answered and more been a pleasure

happy customer again thank you

Hi @skybye, thank you for your kind words.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Daniel