cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline number port delays

nightwolf65
Joining in

When I applied online for VM services I put in my landline number to be ported, the day before installation I called VM to check it would be carried out as both my wife and I are disabled and have various people and doctors who call us. I was told it hadn’t been requested on my application, which is rubbish. Anyway the installation took place and the engineer said he would sort out the porting of my phone number and that it should about 48hrs, it didn’t so since then I’ve spoken to several people at VM who said it would be requested as urgent, top priority etc and then told it would happen within 24hrs, it didn’t. So now I’ve been told that it will take seven days. So we’re going to miss many important calls from hospital etc because of a string of lies. 

We came back to VM after having been with BT for a while, VM called us constantly when we left to try and get us to stay and I’m now starting to regret returning. It took two days to port from VM to BTand that was only because of some tech issues, why does it take so long to port back to VM?

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @nightwolf65 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Please do make your own thread in the future 🙂 we have moved it this time for you. 

I am sorry for the number port dispute. It can take 8 working days for a number port to go through but apologies for any issues with this. 

I'll send you a PM to see if there is anything we can do 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill