Menu
Uppernorwood
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Landline number not transferred?

I have switched to Virgin media home phone from Post Office, and Virgin Media say they have transferred my number across. However Post Office say they have not been contacted by Virgin Media to transfer the number at all, and I will lose my phone line if I cancel my post office account. I don’t know who to believe. How can I get confirmation in writing from VirginMedia that my number has been transferred correctly and I will not lose it?

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline number not transferred?

Hi there Uppernorwood,

I'm sorry to hear about your landline issue and that you've been told different things on both sides. I've had a nosey at your details using the information we have on here and can see that we have sent porting requests to the losing network provider. The Post Office here are the provider you use for billing but they will use a Network Provider for the service. We only approach the Network Provider which may explain why the Post Office has no visibility of our port request.

Can I ask whether the line is still active when you call the number? If so, we will be able to check with the Network Provider and submit the request again to be sure. However if the line isn't active, we wouldn't be able to transfer the number.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Uppernorwood
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

thanks for your response. Yes the line is still active and works when I call it.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me,  I am going to drop you a PM so that we can look further into this for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Uppernorwood
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, sorry I think I deleted your private message by mistake! Please could you re-send it?

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for providing me that information over PM. 

I just wanted to pop back and let you know that I have been able to arrange the port to happen, It is due to be completed on the 20th of this month, as soon as I have any more information, Ill reach out once again. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos