Menu
ackc_10
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline number not transferred - help please

Hello

i transferred from Sky 4 weeks ago and my landline is working on Virgin, but with a new number, not with my previous number, which I was advised would be ported over. I am struggling to find a way to ‘Chat’ or speak to someone about this. Any advice please?

thanks

A

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline number not transferred - help please

Hi A,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your number port has not completed. When did the team advise the number port would go through? Can you also please confirm if you kept your landline service active with Sky until the agreed port date? In order for the port to complete successfully, your landline needs to stay active with Sky so we can request the number from them.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
ackc_10
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth

thanks for response, I had an email which advised approximately a 10 day wait from contract start date. It is well past that now, but after posting this query I got through to a VM colleague by phone and they have said that my request wasn’t lodged, so have put it through now. I have another 10-14 days to wait. She didn’t mention about needing to keep it active with Sky, so I hope this means I can still get to keep it, as it is not recognised just now.

Fingers crossed

A

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi A,

Thank you for all the details - is the number still active with Sky? If it's not, what day was it disconnected please? Sadly if your Sky landline service is no longer active, we may not be able to port the old number across.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos