Menu
Sab73
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Landline number not ported.

Hi, I initially requested for my landline number to be ported from sky over to virgin media, when I ordered the quick start package on the 25th of March, which nobody followed up on. I made multiple calls to both virgin media and sky, making it very clear that I would like to keep this number. I had a virgin media engineer (on the 30th of march) also make the request on my behalf, and we were told that it'll take roughly a week for the number to be ported, which I was fine with. I followed up with virgin media a couple days before our sky talk subscription was going to end (7th April). I made it clear to the people I spoke to from virgin media then and on multiple other occasions about the situation and they kept promising me that I would 100% get the number on the 14th, so I took their word and waited a couple more days until receiving a text saying that they were unable to port my number through. I contact virgin media again and they tell me that I need to wait 10 more days?? How does that even make sense? I've gone a week without my number, so I tried contacting sky about whats happening on their end, and apparently they were never contacted by virgin media in the first place to schedule a active line port??

I'm very disappointed with this service, and would like it if anyone can help me get my number back.

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline number not ported.

Hi @Sab73

I am so sorry to see this has happened with your number and thank you so much for posting to our forums.

I can see from your account that you spoke with one of our agents yesterday, did they ask you to ask your old provider to reactivate the number so we can port it across? If so have you been able to speak to your old provider and get the number activated again? Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sab73
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I asked them if it would be possible to get that line active again, except they told me that we wouldn't get our number back??

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Sab73 

I am so sorry this has happened but if the old provider has said that the number is no longer active then we will not be able to port the number across. 

I am so sorry again that this has happened. Thank you.

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sab73
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I just don't understand how you guys can make this mistake, even after I made multiple requests weeks before the cancellation and received multiple promises. It's just unbelieveable.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry about your experience in regards to your number port. 

I can look into what happened for you if you would like?

Zoie

0 Kudos
Sab73
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes please, that would be great. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Great I will pop you over a PM and we can go from there, keep your eye open for the purple envelope 🙂

Zoie

0 Kudos