Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Landline number not ported to new connection

I had a new connection installed at my parent's home & specifically requested to keep their existing phone number which they've had for over 40 years. The new line appears to have a new/different number. I can't seem to get through to anyone from Customer Service via phone or chat. I'm worried that that number will be lost. I hope someone from Virgin Media can get in touch asap to resolve this.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline number not ported to new connection

Hello kwb and thanks for posting on our Community Forum.

Sorry that your parent's old number isn't showing on their telephone line and the reason is that we always install with a temporary Virgin Media number so we can check that the line has been installed properly with line tests. We would then arrange for a number change for the old number to be ported into us.

May I ask whether the number they wish to keep is still active with the old provider? I ask as we can only port active numbers.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response. It would have been nice to know about the temporary number but the fact that the previous provider was Virgin Media should make this easier, surely?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry kwb, I thought this was relating to a number being ported to us. Is the number moving from one Virgin Media account to another? If so, our Move and Transfer Team will arrange for the number to be transferred which can only be done once the old account has disconnected. I'm unable to find your parent's details on here to check but can you confirm whether it's a port or a transfer? If the number is a Virgin Media owned number, we would be able to add it onto the new account quite quickly. 

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The previous account (on Virgin Media) was with one of my siblings & was out of contract. I bought a new package & requested that the previous/existing number remain. I'm not sure which team that would sit with.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you the account holder for the new account? I'd like to send you a Private Message so I can have a good mooch around and see what's happened but I'll be limited to what we can discuss if you're not the account holder. Do let me know as I can see if I can help from here.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I'm the account holder. Please message me so we can resolve this. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

I've not heard back from you yet. Are you able to possibly assist with this?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi kwb,

Thanks for confirm you're the account holder and can see you've sent me a Private Message. I'll reply back to it so we can get security passed so I can look at your details with you.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos