Menu
happytre3frendz
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Landline number not ported over

Hi

I wanted to create this thread because i need some support in getting my landline numvber moved from plusnet to Virgin media. 

I got my service installed on thr 12th Dec and i still have not got my landline number moved across. The enjineer promised me it will happen the next day. 

I then get a text messege saying "Hello, it s Virgin Media here. Unfortunately, we are unable to port your home telephone number as it is disconnected from your current provider, and we are only able to port active telephone numbers. Please continue to use the Virgin Media number provided to you at install"

I called up Virgin and they said plusnet disconnected my landline. I then call up plusnet and they reactibated the line. I called up virgin for like the 10th time being on hold for over 45 mins each time and they are still struggling to take the number across. How hard can this be man?

I have wasted half days trying to virgin to sort this mess out and its getting on my nerves now.

I called up plusnet and they said the line will be active until the 31st. Virgin have texted me saying the number will get ported on 31st. 

I am worried that the number might get disconnected before virgin try take it over. I cant understand why virgin just dont take the number over now. 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline number not ported over

Hi @happytre3frendz , thanks for posting.

I am really sorry to hear you're having issues with porting to your number across to us.  Please can you confirm your line is still active and not pending disconnection with your existing/former supplier?
Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
happytre3frendz
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes the line is still active expected to shutdown on 31st.  This issue should have been sorted by now.

0 Kudos
happytre3frendz
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Problem is that virgin failed to request it multiple times when it was active and then it got disconnected. I then had to call plusnet to re-activate it.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry.  I need to take a closer look at this for you.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
happytre3frendz
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Can somebody please confirm whether my landline number is porting over today.

I really need this sorted out/

Thanks

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hiya,

This isn't something we'd usually discuss via a public platform as it relates to personal information.

I can see you've already cleared security with my colleague, so I'll drop you another private message now to discuss this further.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
happytre3frendz
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey

Thanks so much. 

0 Kudos
Jacque01
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello, we are also having a similar issue, we was with virgin before and just switched the name on the account to get a better deal, we got all new kit and we requested our landline number to be ported to the new service this was back in December but it still hasn't been done, this is our business number so we are missing out on business, i have rang virgin about 10 times after being on hold for an hour i was told my phone number had been disconnected and couldn't be brought back, the next time i rang i was told it was still active, it had been reserved and just needed porting so they said this would take 10 days, 10 days later still not done, so i ring virgin again, they say we will port it now this can take 10 days, but yet now it still isn't done. why wont they port it it cant be that hard and we are loosing buisness.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon. 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that there has been a delay with porting your number over to us. 

We are able to get this ported for you as it is between the virgin media accounts. 

So that I can get some account information,  I will drop you over a PM. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos