Menu
thughes71
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Landline number has been changed

I have just found out that Virgin has changed my landline number.  I am on annual leave today and couldn't understand why no-one was phoning me despite appointments being made.  I rang my landline from my mobile but although I could hear a ringing tone my landline was not ringing, I then called my mobile from the landline and a different number showed on the mobile screen.

I have just been in the queue to speak to someone for just over an hour and was then cut off.  How do I get this sorted?  I am back at work tomorrow so will not be able to spend hour after hour on the phone.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline number has been changed

Hi thughes71,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there's some confusion with your phone number.

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you regarding the number then I can take a closer look.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
snts
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline number has been changed

Same thing has happened to me. Ive booked an engineer as I understand from reading some comments on here, that its possible the lines have been mixed in the cabinet outside. Caused me a lot of grief today, as its for an very elderly person, who is left in a vulnerable position. 

S

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switching landline number

From reading your other thread, you don’t get lines in the same cabinet with different area codes. My money is on this being an account problem & is nothing to do with the wiring.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
snts
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We live on the border of two cities...the previous number was a Bradford number, but when we got virgin, we were given a Leeds number. I’m guessing that has something to do with it. Either way...its nothing we’ve done, should be down to virgin. Engineer booked...shes 93 and has alzheimars so naturally very concerned as I don’t live there.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello @snts

Thanks for your posts; I was very sorry to hear about your Mothers landline - I have replied to your own thread to avoid confusion and duplication - please do pop us a reply over there if you require further help and assistance.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Switching-landline-number/m-p/4610978#M149056

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@snts wrote:

We live on the border of two cities...the previous number was a Bradford number, but when we got virgin, we were given a Leeds number. I’m guessing that has something to do with it. Either way...its nothing we’ve done, should be down to virgin. Engineer booked...shes 93 and has alzheimars so naturally very concerned as I don’t live there.

Both Bradford & Leeds are connected to the same cable headend, so if this is not account related then it is a headend issue rather than a local cabinet issue.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
snts
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks...I’ve now given up after getting nowhere with virgin media who insist that the Bradford number is the one I’ve had since 2016! There is apparently no record of the Leeds number which I have used for the last 5 years until last week. If I could, I would change suppliers, but I cant, as this will confuse my mother. I do remember when they came to install virgin in 2016, and I was told that her new number would be posted through the letterbox. The Leeds number is the one that was posted along with all the virgin details. I’m just not prepared to spend all day trying to talk to customer care about it. I’ll just go with the Bradford number.
0 Kudos