Menu
sip
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline number changed

Hi everyone,

Hope someone can help or advise here....

My mother has just passed away and virginmedia have unexpectedly changed my landline number.

I am a fairly new customer and our landline number of many years was ported successfully on the 10th May 2021. Everything was working fine, then on the 18th May at 9:30pm I had a email saying new kit was arriving and my would be getting a new virginmedia number. Next day the number changed. I've rang the technical help on but they after telling me that the would resolve in 24hrs yesterday morning, they are today (21st) telling me it will take 3-5days. They apparently cannot directly contact the team that action the port or escalate, and can only fill in the form. All we can do is wait,

I really need this sorting today as the amount of stress and grieve this is causing is totally unwanted at this time. Can anyone suggest any other action?

thanks in advance?

DP

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline number changed

Hi sip

Condolences from all at Virgin Media. 

I'm really sorry to hear of what's happened with this phone number.

I can see you've spoke to the team about this since the post and whilst I do wish there was more I could advise or do, we have followed the correct procedure to sort this out for you. The telephony team would therefore be in touch with you when they have an update.

Apologies again that we're not able to expedite this 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
sip
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Latest is that it will be restored on 1st June. This is despite asking for it to be expedited given the circumstances. Truly shocking service - I would leave VM but unfortunately I think we would lose our landline number forever!

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi sip,

I am very sorry to hear this issue is still ongoing and causing further unnecessary stress and upset. We would really like to help get this sorted for you. I've sent you over a private message so I can help - please do look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos