cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline number Shared

rls106
Joining in

I have been with Virgin nearly a year. Landline didn’t work from day1. Eventually got fixed and I was paid compensation for part of the unavailable time. A few days later stopped working again but as I had mobile not essential so ignored. Recently had medical emergency and poor mobile connection so needed to receive calls via landline but calls didn’t get through to me. 
I rang my number from mobile and got through to somebody else who confirmed that they have the same number as me! They have also told me that they have received numerous calls presumably for me - certainly not for them . 
I need this fixed urgently.

2 REPLIES 2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey rls106,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline at the moment,  I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for coming back to me rls106, I had left for the day on Friday, when you replied to my last post. I can see that you have spoken to the team since we last communicated over the forums and that you now have a technician visit booked in to resolve the issues.

Please let us know how the visit goes if you get the chance to do so.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L