cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline number NOT ported across from Sky

cb14
Joining in

Hello

I am posting in the hope that  you can help to fast track porting my landline number from Sky to Virgin Media..

Signed up with Virgin end of March, advised the representative on his initial visit and in the subsequent telephone conversation  several times the wish to retain my  landline number .

As discussed I duly cancelled the TV package , leaving the broadband with phone connection   until the transfer was completed.

The engineer arrived this morning to install and set up, the package, only to find  porting had NOT been raised, and a new number has been allocated to the line!! 

The engineer has now requested porting my existing the number over  however  this can take 14 days! 

Can you please help,

So now I am left with  active Sky  broadband and phone line, which will require 14 days notice to cancel ,on top of the wait time by Virgin to port my number over which was requested  29th. March by myself, and agreed with your representative, What went wrong?

Not a good start to my Contract with Virgin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The process will start when the new contract goes live. Nothing the representative says will change that, they will tell you anything to make the sale.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's normal to be assigned a temporary phone number until the transfer of the old one is completed.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Cb14.

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community and indeed Virgin Media. 

Ports can take up to 14 days to go through and I am sorry we cannot fast track that. I am glad to hear the engineer has arranged this for you. 

Please ensure the number is active with the former provider to enable us to port it in.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Alessandro would the process not been started when I placed the order and the Contract set up?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The process will start when the new contract goes live. Nothing the representative says will change that, they will tell you anything to make the sale.

- jpeg1

cb14
Joining in
20/04/23

* would like to add after the engineer ported the number across Sky e mailed with a transfer date of 19th April
the number was successfully transferred to Virgin . 14 days notice period for broadband & Talk ceases end of this month.