cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

BeeVee
On our wavelength

Our landline ( wall connection not Hub) has no dial tone and we can't receive calls...just get a crackling noise. Tried another phone to no avail. Using my mobile to ring our number just cuts off with more crackling noise.

Can you help please.

7 REPLIES 7

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello, BeeVee.
Thank you for posting on our help forums and welcome back to the community. 🙂

We're sorry to hear your landline has issues currently, we'd love to best assist with those.
From our checks there seems to be an outage causing issues in the local network currently, please view more here.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused by this, based on the latest updates this is expected to be resolved by 6pm today.
We'd advise to check our service status page again later or register for updates on the status if you prefer, so we notify you when it's fixed.

Please, do get back to us here and let us know how things look after this evening and if the problems have cleared once we've fixed the network faults.
We'll be eager to assist further with your landline where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

BeeVee
On our wavelength

Hi Adri,

Our landline is still not working, hope you can help.Thanks.

Thanks for coming back to us @BeeVee, and I'm sorry to hear the fault is still ongoing.

I don't see any active faults that would be currently effecting your service.

Can you please confirm if the handset is plugged into the master socket, or is this attached to an extension socket?

If this is plugged into the master socket, can you please try testing the line without anything connected to the phone line via the extension sockets?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

BeeVee
On our wavelength

Hi David,

The phone is plugged into the master socket, I tested the line with the phone cable removed from the socket and used my mobile to ring our number...the call ends with the crackling noise. We don't have any extension sockets btw. Thank you.

Hi @BeeVee 

Thanks for coming back to us. I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

BeeVee
On our wavelength

All sorted and working now, after great help from John_GS and the forum team our landline now connected through the Hub and working fine.

Many thanks to the Virgin team for all your help.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update on this BeeVee,

I'm glad the team were able to assist you with this matter!

Do pop back up if you require any further assistance.

Take care,

Kain