cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Roy602
Joining in

My landline is not working, since Monday. I phoned virgin media, they said every thing is fine, they will keep eye for 24 hours. Wednesday I rang them again, because issues were not resolved. They told me will send some one by Thursday. Today I just check on App, there is none appointment shows. I rang them again, what a big joke. They said not sure why the appointment didn’t make properly. So they said will have some one ring me within 24hours. I need this landline for business, without phone, how much can you imagine losing? Who can compensate?

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Are you a VM business customer or residential? If you are on a residential connection the compensation you are entitled to is explained here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/automatic-compensation

Have you checked the service status number for any known issues in your locality on 0800 561 0061?

Some more info about the problem may help in finding a resolution. What fault are you experiencing? A totally dead line or something different? If you call in to your number what does the caller hear (ringing tone, number unobtainable, transfer to voicemail etc.)?

What checks and tests have you tried yourself so far (such as connecting a different phone, trying a connection direct to the master socket, if you are still using a wall socket connection, restarting the hub if your phone connection comes in via the hub etc.)?

One of the VM forum team will reply here within a few days and may offer further help.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Roy602 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and so sorry to hear about the issue with your landline

I am going to drop you a private message to collect some more information and investigate further now, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs