cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Karen1914
Joining in

My parents landline has stopped working.  It is connected to the wall socket.  When I try to phone it, it says the number is incorrect.  There is no tone when the phone is picked up. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Karen1914,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for the landline issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via the online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Karen1914,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and sorry to hear that there seems to be an issue with your parent's landline connection! We understand how important landline connections can be for our customers and we'll aim to have this rectified as soon as possible.

Have you taken a look at our landline faults page to see if this can help rectify your parent's landline connection issue? 

In order to have this looked into further to ensure that this issue is rectified as soon as possible, I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details.

Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. If you're having issues locating this, please let me know. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Karen1914,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for the landline issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via the online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Karen1914,

Glad to hear that you're happy with the set date and time for the appointment.

Please let us know how you're getting on and if you need any further assistance going forward.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Karen1914
Joining in

Hi.  An engineer came yesterday and installed a new connection.  He said it would be working within 24 hours.  It still isn’t working.   

Thanks for coming back to us Karen1914 and I'm sorry to hear that your parents line still isn't working. 

Is their handset plugged into the wall socket or their router at the moment?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Karen1914
Joining in

It is plugged in the wall.  A new wire was installed from there and this is connected to a router.

Thanks for coming back to us Karen, the line shows as fully working from our side. Would you parents be able to reboot their router? This can some times resolve this type of issue.

Please ask them to do this and let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Karen1914
Joining in

I have rebooted it.  When we phone it, it says that the number is temporary unavailable.

Thanks for coming back to us Karen, are you able to plug the phone directly into the adaptor in the back of the router? We can then test if its the additional socket that is causing the issues. If this doesn't help, we will need to pass this issue over to our second line team to have a deeper look into the issue. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L