cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Rahat1234
Joining in

Hi i have recently swiched to virgin media. My landline was working fine untill today. I cannot recive or make calls. When i try to call with my landline it makes a ringing noise but it does not call anyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Rahat1234, thanks for taking the time to post on our forums for the first time and a warm welcome to the VM community.

We're sorry to hear your landline has suddenly stopped working today, we'd love to assist with this issue.

Can you please confirm if you get a dial tone when picking up the handset and before you dial the number in?

Also, from our checks there don't seem to be any local network faults that may be causing this, could you tell us what happens when you try to make a call out and when you're calling your landline number from another phone?

Lastly, are you using an adaptor plugged on to connect the phone cable at the back of your hub and have you tried to reboot the hub to see if this restores the issue?

Let us know of all the above and we're here to support you where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Rahat1234, thanks for taking the time to post on our forums for the first time and a warm welcome to the VM community.

We're sorry to hear your landline has suddenly stopped working today, we'd love to assist with this issue.

Can you please confirm if you get a dial tone when picking up the handset and before you dial the number in?

Also, from our checks there don't seem to be any local network faults that may be causing this, could you tell us what happens when you try to make a call out and when you're calling your landline number from another phone?

Lastly, are you using an adaptor plugged on to connect the phone cable at the back of your hub and have you tried to reboot the hub to see if this restores the issue?

Let us know of all the above and we're here to support you where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

Hi Adri_G

Thanks for the swift reply. It was due to phone line not being connected to the back of the router. Thank you for your help. It works fine now. 

Have a nice day.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Rahat1234, thanks for your reply and for confirming it was unplugged from the router.

We're glad to see it's not a service fault and you've manager to get the landline to work again now.

Please, feel free to give us a shout if you face any issues with your services in the future.

We're always around to offer some help and advice. 🙂

Adri
Forum Team