cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

DMR7
Joining in

Hi, my landline has not been working properly for some time now. There have been times when I have not received incoming calls but have been unaware of this as I was able to make outgoing calls without a problem. The problem has now worsened and for the last week the phone has not worked at all. There is no dial tone and the phone display says check the phone line. I've followed all the guidance available on the website - checking the phone, changing phone etc. but I believe the fault is not one I can fix. When I checked the service status in my area earlier today there were no reported issues but it said that there were issues with the TV service which was not the case as my TV was working fine. I went to check the service status just before posting this message and the website said it was unable to give me that information right now - not very helpful! I currently rely on my landline as I do not have a smart phone at the moment. My elderly parents need to be able to contact me so I would be very grateful for a speedy resolution to this problem. I would like an engineer to visit to check my phone, the connection and the line outside my house. There has been work by engineers in my street who were preparing to install an internet connection for the house next door to me so perhaps this has something to do with my current problem. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DMR7,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with your landline service recently, and that the steps you've taken don't seem to have helped alleviate matters. As you've stated that you've tried a different handset it doesn't appear to be equipment related, and when I've checked our systems a few moments ago I'm currently unable to detect any known service issues in the area to explain this.

As such, what I'm going to do is send you a private message in a few moments so we can have a closer look at what's going on. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DMR7,

Thank you for reaching out via private message so that we could investigate and advise further on this. As discussed, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked.

For security reasons I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly here, but if you need to check and manage/reschedule the appointment you can do so via My Virgin Media.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!