cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Jane19
Joining in

Ages ago we received a gadget through the post, something to do with our landline.  We lost the gadget.  Our landline (which we don't use that often) is now not working.  Is this to do with the gadget we should have kept and installed, or something else?  Can't get hold of human at Virgin Media despite trying twice.  Just stuck in infuriating queue with no updates and awful music!  Very frustrated!  If we need a new gadget thing, just want someone to send it to us!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jane19

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

That sounds like it was the adaptor for the home phone switch over. 

This is needed to connect the phone to the broadband hub. 

We can order you a new one.

I will send you a private message now.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jane19

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

That sounds like it was the adaptor for the home phone switch over. 

This is needed to connect the phone to the broadband hub. 

We can order you a new one.

I will send you a private message now.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

This is a really useful forum thank you. I wish I'd found it earlier, it would have saved many hours of frustration this morning!

Thank you for the feedback @Jane19  🙂

I have sent you a private message with some further information on how to connect the phone to the hub when the new adaptor arrives. 

Vikki - Forum Team