cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Harlpop
On our wavelength

Hi 

My landline is not working  , I guess it will be loose wiring again  , god knows how long its been off  , I was going to buy new phones  because of the bad  sounds , I guess its been this fault all the time .

Help; with getting somebody  out to repair the connection will be appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you,

So I can arrange a technician, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Harlpop,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for your post, sorry to hear your Phone line isn't working, is this going straight into the wall socket or is it plugged into an extension?

Regards

Paul.

Harlpop
On our wavelength

Hi 

Thanks for getting back , it goes into the wall 

Thank you for confirming this, do you have any other pieces of equipment connected to your phone socket? This may include:

• Other telephones
  • Personal Computers
  • Faxes
  • Modems
  • Satellite TV boxes
  • Micro-filters
  • ADSL modem or router.

Regards

Paul.

Harlpop
On our wavelength

Hi , there only the phone

Thank you,

Have you been able to try a different phone, the reason we want to make sure everything is checked is because if the Technician comes and it is the phone there will be a £25 callout charge, it is always wise to try this first.

Regards

Paul.

Harlpop
On our wavelength

I have two phones and both are displaying the message  that I'm not connected 

As you have 2 p;hones and no extensions plugged in I assume these are part of a set and if 1 is faulty they both would have issues, can you try a different standalone phone just to make sure.

Regards

Paul.

Harlpop
On our wavelength

I have checked the wiring at the wall , they are loose , there  is even two wires disconnected  , its not the first time this has happened ,

as where they have been placed , at the door entrance they get brushed against all the time 

Thank you,

So I can arrange a technician, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.