cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

PAC1902
Joining in

No dialling tone, calling the landline number it beeps twice and then disconnects,  handset says line cord error [BT4600] this is a brand new phone as it was thought the old phone was faulty.

The landline service check says no issues!  

This issue is for an elderly couple in there 90's - the landline is critical to keep in touch with family.

They have tried calling the Virgin Media support line a number of times over the last 2 weeks and are being pushed down a dead end - "There is nothing wrong with your landline service"   

Any help to get this fixed would be appreciated - If the fault is not Virgin Media the engineer visit fee will be paid as this needs to be urgently fixed, thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for letting me know @PAC1902, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PAC1902,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post these issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that our customers are having at the moment, do you know if their phone line is via their broadband router or wall socket?

Regards,
Steven_L

Sorry, I should have said it's a landline socket.  

They do have broadband for internet access - but unfortunately they are not techie to use apps for internet calling - they like to use a landline telephone!     

Thanks for letting me know @PAC1902, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

A massive call out to both Steven_L and Adam the technician who fixed the landline phone issue these two elderly people had. 

The existing telephone cable was old and that caused the fault, a new router and the phone connected through it has restored the phone service.

It's not easy sometime dealing with old people who are confused when something they take for granted doesn't work, many thanks again for being so patient and your prompt action. 

You're very welcome @PAC1902 and glad that we could both help to get this issue resolved for our elderly customers. Please do let us know, if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L