cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

chass
Joining in

Hi,

My Landline has no dialling tone and cannot make or receive calls.

According to the Virginmedia website there are no problems in my area.

I am currently on my mobile waiting to speak to someone at V.M. about this issue. Been on hold for over 10mins already. Why is it that you have to waste half your day these days to get to speak to an employee for most big companies, when you used to call & get service within minutes? Is it due to working from home, or companies not employing as many staff in order to make even more profit. either way is is unacceptable as a paying customer.

Chas 

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chas, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your landline service!

If there is an issue in your area you can see information and estimated fix times here: https://virg.in/servicechecker or by calling 0800 561 0061. The call line usually has the most accurate updates. 

You can also check for any issues with your equipment here: https://virg.in/myvmapp. 

Thank you for your patience whilst waiting on the phone, our lines may be a little busier than usual but a member of the relevant team will give you the support you need as soon as possible. 

Please be aware - If you are experiencing an outage we will be unable to book a technicians appointment until the outage is confirmed as ended, but you are still experiencing issues. 

As the community forum is not an instant response service you will get the fastest support by remaining on the phone, however please do let us know if there is anything further you need our support with following the call. 

All the best! 

Molly

Hi Molly,

Like I said, I had already checked the VM website which shows 'No fault in my area'.

Eventually spoke with VM employee (wait time far too long!). Engineer booked to call this Monday. But thanks for your reply.

Chas.

Hi Chas, thank you for coming back to update the thread. 

Glad to hear we were able to get you an appointment booked in - hope it goes well! Please do let us know if you still have any issues following the appointment so we can offer further support. 

Sincerest apologies for the delay on the phone, thank you for your patience with us!

Wishing you all the best. 

Molly