cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Spacebucks
Dialled in

Hi, since the storms last night our virgin landline isn’t working but I can’t see any issues when checking status. I’m in Poole, Dorset. There is no dial tone and just a cracking hissy sound. I can’t dial out but it does ring if I call my home number but you can’t answer the call. Can someone assist please? I have had this issue in the past and I was told an engineer had disconnected a cable in the box over the road from me. Please help as my elderly mother relies on the landline. Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

Spacebucks
Dialled in

Can anyone from virgin contact me please as I need the landline up and running urgently. I have tried another handset and it’s the same issue. Thanks 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Spacebucks,

Thank you for your post. I've ran some checks on my end, and it doesn't appear to be showing any faults upfront - but since you are having issues with no dial tone and incoming/outgoing calls, I'm going to need to book in a Technician to attend your property to take a closer look.

Can you please look out for my PM in the top-right of the forums in the purple envelope?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Still no appointment agreed and landline  on 3rd day of not working. Come on virgin please help me out here as I was told a priority appointment was being sorted as my elderly mother needs the landline urgently for doctors and hospital calls. Thanks 

Hi Spacebucks,

I can see you are speaking with my colleague over PM. 

I would advise speaking with them to get further information on this. 

^Martin

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Steven,

Thanks for responding to my PM. I apologise it took longer than expected, but I'm really glad to see that things are up and running again and I've passed your feedback over to Ed about his service 🙂

If you need anything else, please reach out and we'll do our best to assist.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thanks Reece, much appreciated 

Hi @Spacebucks - you're very welcome!

I'll be sure to pass your kind words onto Reece.

Many thanks

Tom_W