cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

IGP
Tuning in

Tried to ring 150. No dialling tone. Tried ringing in from a mobile says user busy. Any clues? Checked us things from previous posts

52 REPLIES 52

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey IGP, thank you for your post and welcome to the community. I am sorry to see you have no dialling code.

Is this just on your landline? regrading your mobile does this have a tone at all, does it ring other numbers?

Also all the cables are connected on the landline? 

I've had a look from our end and everything seems to be fine with the landline. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

All cables connected properly. I don't have Virgin mobile. I finally got through to VM on my mobile and they say there is a fault in the area so it has been logged.

I have an issue with the landline not working as well.  Not only can I not get a dial tone, when I try to call the number from my mobile phone it says our number doesn't exist and we have dialled an incorrect number.  When will this be fixed?

Hey slesski, thank you for the update, and confirming they said its a fault. How long has your phone been like this for with no dialling tone? 

I have taken a look on our side and I cannot see any planned outages / work being done. So I would like to drop you a PM so I can look into for you.

Please look out for a purple envelope. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hello Matt,

It's been some time since it's not worked. Our next door neighbour reported the problem over a month ago and he still has no fix or been provided with a timeframe for when it will be resolved.  As he had reported the fault, we assumed (obviously incorrectly) that all virgin lines would be looked into as it is an apartment block.

My comment about the fault which you've referenced as "confirming they said its a fault" - I got this when I dialled our own phone number from a different line, it is a recorded message saying the phone number doesn't exist! Not something that virgin media is advising of a fault.

I look forward to an update and resolve for when this will be fixed. Obviously over a month is a significant length of time for a service we're paying for but doesn't exist.

Thank you.

Hi, @slesski

If you can respond to my colleagues PM, he can assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

slesski
On our wavelength
Thank you @John_GS I will do so when I receive the PM - not received anything yet. Thank you!

If you look for the purple envelope, it should be there 🙂 Best 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

slesski
On our wavelength
@John_GS I did, nothing in the purple envelope, as yet...