cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

rls106
Joining in

I had TV , Broadband and landline installed 6th May. So far landline not working. Unable to receive calls. Initially didn’t work - It occasionally worked but came up as invalid number or call ended after 2 rings. Now just comes up invalid number each attempt to call. Does allow me to make outgoing calls and correct number shows on receiving phone.

I sent complaint form as soon as installed but to date no response whatsoever. I only sent complaint after three attempts to resolve with “customer service” which were handled appallingly, including cutting me off and getting three different stories from each adviser!

Beginning to think I may have made mistake switching to Virgin. I presume they will still be charging me for service failed to be supplied, considering cancelling my direct debit to see if that might prompt a response.

5 REPLIES 5

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rls106,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to our Community.

I'm really sorry to hear your landline hasn't been working properly since your install. I've taken a look on our system and there doesn't seem to be any issues being identified - everything is in the green on our end. 

However, I can see that your Hub hasn't been rebooted in a while - please can you try rebooting it and letting us know if you're still having the same issue?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Had system 13days and have been told to reboot at least 6 times already. In 4 years with Sky I probably had to reboot twice. Anyway now rebooted again. Lost internet connection so did it again. Eventually got internet back on. Phone still not working. As before dials out but incoming calls showing as either “invalid no” or “call ended”. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for rebooting your Hub, rls106. Sorry to hear you're still having issues with the service.

I'll need to gather some more details from you as it looks like we'll need to get one of our Techs round to take a look. Please lookout for the purple envelope in the top right of our forums.

^RH

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

An engineer eventually called on 31st May. Told me that my phone hadn’t been ported when system installed. He made a call and arranged for this to be done. Said it was sorted and phone will begin to work in 24 - 48 hours.  Now 72 hours later still not working! 
in the meantime I have received a bill for my package, including phone which hasn’t worked ever. To add insult to injury there are additional charges for calls that I made to my mobile on instruction from Virgin to check whether I could make calls. Virgin really are champions at alienating their new customers.

Hi rls106

I can only apologies that this has not been resolved for you yet. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security to discuss the call charges and look into this further. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley