cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Nickster
Joining in
  • Hi all, my landline has only worked very occasionaly for some time and I want to avoid engineers at the moment and I don't want to keep paying for a home phone I can't use. Is it possible to buy some sort of cable adapter that I can plug the home phone into the virgin hub and use it that way rather than using the landline by plugging it into the wall?
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Nickster,

When your area is being migrated you will receive a letter with more details about the switchover, yes.

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha 

Sorry for keep asking questions but nobody seems to know when the changeover will be, but I'm told it could be sometime, but I found the attached in the community from you which I assume is recent so I'm confused. The fact my landline phone is not working well and I might not be able to use it for sometime, I am eager to plug into the hub and go. 

Nick

Screenshot_20220503-194241_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220503-194301_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sorry for any confusion @Nickster

So the migration is happening in phases- your area is yet to be informed of the change over. 

Before you move to our fibre landline service as part of this migration, we’ll let you know in writing around three months before the migration takes place in your area. Our letter will provide more details on why this is happening.

Around 3 weeks before the migration, you'll receive an email and a text with further info on how to order your adapter. Once you have the adapter, you can use it to plug your phone into your hub.
In regards to the issues you are currently having with your landline, as Steven suggested, we can book an engineer visit for you to get this sorted.

If you would like for us to arrange this, please let us know and we can PM you. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs