Menu
mickleickle
Tuning in
Message 1 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working

Hi, have a recurring intermittent problem with no signal on landline (4 times this week). Been ongoing since March. Report fault and it gets fixed same day. Messages say network issue engineer called. As this has now happened teens of times can the actual problem be identified and resolved or do I live with it? Cannot contact by telephone today due to coronavirus. so cannot report fault. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not working

Hi michleickle,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thanks for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing ongoing issues with your landline service. I've been able to locate your account and can see that these on and off issues have been ongoing for some time now, so I appreciate it's important we provide a permanent fix to this as soon as possible.

I can see that your landline service is currently down from here, however there are no details of an outage that could be causing this. I'm going to contact the Area Field Manager local to you for some advice and more information about what's happening here. As soon as I do have any updates for you I will let you know from here.

If you need anything else in the meantime, please just ask us.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
mickleickle
Tuning in
Message 3 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Beth, have you found anything out?  I managed to raise a fault this morning and it was a network issue.  It was fixed.  It went again a couple of hours later and I have raised another fault and it's a network issue again.  How can I communicate with someone who can see the whole picture and advise on what the best course of action is?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Hi mickleickle,

The Area Field Manager has just responded to say that the Network Team are aware of the issue and it is currently still under investigation. I'm afraid that I currently don't have any more details about the outage other than that it is being looked into, however if you would like to request an update please feel free to post below and we can check the account for you. Currently the outage isn't showing on you account, but I can assure you we are aware of the problem.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
mickleickle
Tuning in
Message 5 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Beth, thanks for that. I wonder if we are talking at cross purposes. Today it has been down twice. I have reported it twice. It has been fixed twice. When you refer to the Area Field Manager, is that referencing a greater all encompassing issue as opposed to my individual problems? If it is then what is that issue and what is happening? If it isn't, can anyone advise why my problems occur on such a regular basis and what is being done to resolve it.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 58
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi mickleickle,

It seems that the fault is intermittent, so you may find that your services are cutting in and out until our team have been able to provide a fix.

The Area Field Manager manages all the engineers within a specific postcode area, so they will be aware of an outages affecting an area within that postcode. So the issue you are affected by is not only affecting your connection, but other customers in the area.

Kind regards.

Beth

0 Kudos
mickleickle
Tuning in
Message 7 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Beth, I understand what you have said now. What is the prognosis in terms of establishing the root cause of the intermittent problem and estimated fix time? Is there any other process for me to report the fault other than having to speak to both first and second line support every time it fails?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Hi mickleickle,

As advised, sadly I don't have many other details about the issue other than it is being investigated, so you won't need to do anything for now or keep reporting every time it drops. I'll keep tabs on this for you and will check your account every now and again for any updates.

If the outage becomes registered on your account, you'll be be able to track the fault via our service status page here:virg.in/service

Beth

0 Kudos
mickleickle
Tuning in
Message 9 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Beth, I don't think your advice is correct. On Thursday it was down all day and no known issues appeared on status page. It was still down on Friday morning (still no known issues) but was fixed after I reported a fault. It went down again in the afternoon and I reported a fault and it was fixed. The only time the status message changes is after reporting a fault. It went down again at 18.24 (or earlier) and has been down ever since. I have not reported a fault. The run test never finds a fault (Virgin always see a network problem when I ring). The message is no known issues on status page. It would appear, unless you have an alternative, I will have to report a fault every time it goes down. If anyone at Virgin is aware of a fault no action appears to be taken until a fault is notified.   

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Hi @mickleickle,

Thanks for your reply and sorry to hear of the continuous issues you've had with your landline.

I've had a look into your account for any updates as I know Beth has been in touch with the Area Field Manager about this and you've also been in touch via customer services. I can see that an area fault has been raised and we are currently working at getting this fixed. The details are:

Fault Reference: F008986781 

Estimated Fix Date: Today (01/05/2021) at 20:10

Hopefully this will be resolved ASAP for you - please keep us posted on this!

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos