Menu
lijtay
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working

Hi

Birmingham B32 Landline not working, no dial tone, cannot make calls and cannot receive calls

Callers are receiving "line busy"

Connections fine, phone charge and power fine.

Once again its impossible to get through to Virginmedia and website is showing no known faults in area

Anyone else affected?

Suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
lijtay
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not working

So after over an hours wait Ive been booked an engineers visit for next Tuesday  - shocking wait for a complete loss of service

I requested complimentary credit on my mobile phone as I have one relative shielding and one discharged from hospital today who still needs care and regular monitoring - I cannot run out of mobile minutes

The CS guy was helpful but he transferred me to retentions beforetelling me the time of my engineers visit - so have no idea when they will arrive next Tuesday

Retentions told me I have to speak to the mobile team and transferred me immeadiately without acting on my request - the only options for the mobile team are to upgrade, Im not after upgrading I think VM should provide complimentary minutes on my mobile until they can restore my landkine service - especially as I am notifying I am a key carer for two relatives and my landline is essential to stay in touch with them (hence basic mobile package)

Im now into a further 20 minutes of holding

Please dont suggest - the text message service doesnt work Ive tried it for queries before, no one gets back to you

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get through to VM better, as I can see this is going to take most of my evening and i need to call my relatives soon - which will mean disconnecting my call

Im growing increasingly shocked at VM appalling service, its absolutely exasperating

thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @lijtay

Very sorry that you have and issue with your landline and require a technician visit - glad that you were able yo get in touch with us after your initial post earlier this evening; we are busier that usual as we have limited staff available to take calls during the pandemic

We would always book the first available appointment we have - I can only apologise that this is longer than we would like. 

If you missed the time of the visit, this can be checked via your online account. You can also reschedule if needed via there also. 

Whilst we do not expect to you pay for a service you are not getting (we automatically credit back after 48 hours has passed - read more about that here); we would not provide credit for you mobile phone; I am sorry. 

Please do let us know how the visit goes. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

lijtay
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

Thanks for replying so quickly, this has saved me tying up my phone and leaving my relatives waiting for me to call them

Had the retentions team call operator listened to my query and advised me correctly rather than interrupting me and forwarding my call I could have been advised of this a long while ago. Customers wait over an hour to get through, to hold for another 30+ minutes is poor service.

It is really disappointing that VM provide no complimentary service in such a case, as I am not happy to upgrade to cover a service fault and poor engineer availability

I do think it is time to review my all my services with VM however.

I genuinely think VM are aware they are not performing to standard, the level of service faults is shocking and the continued restrictions on contact options is wearing thin. I dont think youre directors will lose any sleep over my comments as they are not on the frontline taking the flack -  but I would appreciate if you could pass my feedback on

Once again thanks for your reply Katie, it is much appreciated

Regards

Lisa

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for popping back Lisa - I can only apologise about your experience when you called us. 

I assure you though, we are doing all we can to support and help our customers in any way we can - not just now during the pandemic, but always. As a company who strives to offer every customer a great experience it's always disappointing to learn of instances where this hasn't been the case - at Virgin Media we pride ourselves on delivering not only the best products and services around but also a world class support mechanism to help our customers as and when they need us most; we clearly have failed in that for you today. 

We have never offered any complimentary service whilst a customer is waiting for a technician and this has not changed during the pandemic; I am sorry. 

We have no restrictions on contact methods - in fact, we have implemented more ways to contact us over the last few months ranging from webforms, Live Chat to most recently a text service. 

Please let us know if you manage to locate your appointment time via your online account and how you get on with the visit. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos