Menu
GC1028
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working

Around midday on New Years Eve 2018 I found the landline not working, cannot make outgoing calls or receive incoming calls. When I call landline from my mobile there is no ringing just message saying "line busy". Can’t call VM on 150 either. Called Customer Service from mobile phone to report the fault and after 3-4 rings the line cuts off. Called again on today, New Years Day at 9am and 10am and line cuts off once again. I've disconnected the phone cable from base of answer machine and the wall socket and re-connected the cable and still same problem. I checked service status on VM site and it says no known issues, well there is as I would not be on here…..

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline not working

Hi

There is definitely a fault with your phone line possibly at the street cabinet. It seems to be stuck in busy mode and the line needs releasing at the exchange which doesn’t require a engineer visit.

I would recommend you keep calling customer service on 0345 454 1111 from your mobile or from a payphone ring 0800 183 1234 and select option 4 then option 2.

Ive just tried ringing customer service myself and managed to get through without getting cut off.

nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I’d ring them after 8am tomorrow If was you

GC1028
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've already called the number you mentioned and the person I spoke with said it normally takes 3-4 days to fix but will put this as high priority. I was also told that I would get a call back.

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That’s good, I hope it gets fixed ASAP. Happy new year to you 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there GC1028, 

Thanks for your post - so sorry to understand that you are having some issues with your landline. 

Sounds like you have contacted us and been advised of an area issue - we'll be doing all we can to get things back up and running for you as soon as possible; please do keep us posted and pop back if you need any further assistance. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
GC1028
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

My landline is now working, thank you.

GC1028

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear GC1028. thanks so much for popping back and letting us know 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos