cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Berllan14
On our wavelength

Our home phone has not worked since Saturday and I rely on this as i am a carer for my elderly mother who lives nearby. 

Order of events so far:

1. I tried to report it Saturday but without the 150 facility this is difficult/ seemingly impossible to speak to someone to report.

2. Found the service check number 0800 561 0061 which said there is a fault in the area and aiming to fix by 4:00 Sunday.

3. This then stated, when i next phoned, to have no issues.

4. Phoned on 0345 454 1111 on an automated line who did a check. Then saying i had a fault and booked an engineer to visit us Tuesday ( today)

5. Had a text cancelling the engineer and saying fault in the area, but when i phone the service check it says all ok.

My phone still doesnt work so an advice how i can get it fixed asap or how i can speak to a human from Virgin ! Any help appreciated as need this back asap.

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Berllan14,

Thanks for coming back here. 

I've just replied to your thread here: Landline not working

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. If you need to update the thread then just reply to your original thread rather than creating a new one. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Peterrr
Joining in

I have attempted to report a line fault for almost a month, i have in the past tried 0345 454 1111, always going around in a loop - "We'll test it call back in 10 mins, tap in phone line and you'll get results" - like hell you will, you'll just have to do it again and again - I gave up after 3 loops. I made a complaint early april - they called me back whilst at work with no access to home - I struggle to hear and the fast talking rep will not slow down and speak clearly; suddenly the complaint was resolved - they said, raised another complaint 18.04.23 they replied 19.05.23 - stating i should contact their technical team so we can fix it - but no information as to how to contact the said team. I guess the ombudsman will have to be the next step. Unless anyone out there may have contact details for the technical team to fix the issue.?

I have used another phone set (I also have a BT line), into the incoming socket, changed cables etc to no avail. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Peterrr 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a big warm welcome with this being your first post here.

Sorry to hear about the issue with your telephone line, I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further - keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs