Menu
mrsgilly1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working still !

I recently had a land line installed. I have always used BT and never had any issues. When people are ringing me they are telling me that they have tried 3 to 4 times before getting through to me. They do not hear anything when they put my number in and it does not ring at my end. Once they do get through after about 20 seconds the line just goes dead as if they have put the phone down. When I make outgoing calls I have a dial tone and am able to ring people but again after 20 seconds or so the line cuts off. I rang the tech department on Monday and was sent some signals to the router and was told this would fix the issue. It hasn’t so I phoned again today. I explained that when this was fit by your engineer he struggled to get the connection into the back of the router and he snapped the connected so the wires are hanging out. The engineer said it would be fine the phone would still work. I don’t know if this is causing the problem but it doesn’t look right. I also explained that I have a seriously ill son who I call the emergency services for on a regular basis. It is essential that I have a working landline 24 hours a day. Today the tech person said that nothing could be done. I asked for an engineer to come out but he refused to agree to send someone. I am absolutely furious. I am paying for a phone line that I can’t use. I urgently need this resolving. I explained my circumstances in full to the technical department and they did not want to help at all 😡😡

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Huw_B
Moderator (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not working still !

Hi there mrsgilly1, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having troubles with your phone line, and that this hasn't been resolved yet. 

I'd like to look into this further for you, so I'll send you a private message so we can get things moving. 

Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos